How do you keep conference attendees safe, by having an emergency medical plan. Working with the site and the host organization, develop a plan that is articulated to conference attendees, hike leaders, and excursion escorts.
Prepare a medical emergency plan for conference attendees in cooperation with the conference site medical facilities and a medical emergency plan for conference attendees. Develop first aid kits and a distribution pland for hike leaders and excursion escorts.
- Familiar with emergency plans
- Able to assemble first aid kits
- Contact conference site co-ordinator (check with steering committee) to meet with the medical staff at the conference site to review available facility.
- Meet with Hikes, Excursions, and Workshop Committee Chairs and to determine plan of action in the event that a conference attendee is injured or becomes ill on an activity.
- Hikes Committee
- Steering Committee
- Excursions Committee
- Camping Committee
- Workshop Committee
- Youth Activities Committee
- Winter before the conference - Prepare plan for review by the Steering Committee
- Spring before the conference - Finalize plan
- Meeting week- Be available to handle any on-site queries
- Sept. following the conference - Final Report due